This is a newly created position within our team so it requires an autonomous and motivated self-starter who can immediately take the lead on assigned tasks. The materials engineer will take the lead proposing and testing materials to reduce the thermal resistance of substrates in very close collaboration with mechanical and laser engineering peers.
Position reports to: PMO
• Design, development and testing of thermal interface materials.
• Select materials to be used in new and upgraded products.
• Document processes and tests.
• Provide progress updates on assigned activities.
• Support quality and purchasing departments with the selection of suppliers and their qualification.
• Work with quality team to troubleshoot issues, provide failure analysis, and incorporate customer feedback into design improvements.
• Occasional travel for projects development.
• Be up to date with state of the art of competing technologies.
Desired technical skills:
• B.S. or M.S. in Materials Engineering or related scientific/technical area.
• Three years of hands-on industry experience.
• Knowledge of PVD and CVD techniques.
• Ability to independently do comprehensive in-lab hands-on experimentation and data analysis.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Availability to work flexible time.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Being a team-player with good adaption to a changing environment.
• Applicants must be legally able to work in the EU.